24 September 2015, New York, USA
Ai Events are intense, intimate gatherings of people who influence and move markets, manage multi-million dollar portfolios, and who are seeking vetted investment projects or capital.
Each year, Africa investor hosts a select number of exclusive, invitation-
only, sector-focused investment summits that bring together the world’s most influential leaders from industry, finance, government and policy to identify and advance African investment projects.
Through these intellectually rigorous, highly interactive summits, Ai facilitates dynamic discussions with global experts on investment projects, and macro- and micro-economic global investor issues impacting Africa’s investment climate. Active contributions are made by all participants. Africa investor specialises in facilitating investor meetings with project developers, business leaders and market regulators
The Ai CEO Investment Summit and Investment & Business Leader Awards 2015
The Ai CEO Investment Summit, held in association with the IFC and the World Bank Group Trade and Competitiveness Global Pratice in advance of the Annual Meetings, is an annual CEO business forum designed to facilitate action, to highlight and address project-specific investment climate challenges and to shed light on Africa’s investment success stories.
Africa needs to establish both strong leadership and strong institutions in Africa. The key is to recognise the private sector as a partner to government in enhancing social and economic development. This Summit aims to address the leaders who have an interest in Africa through informative leadership panels that reflect the high growth and opportunities in various sectors, and which include public and private sector leaders working on these issues. The outcomes from these panels are designed to enable panellists to take the recommendations forward in their own organisations and promote uptake across their vast networks throughout the year.
This Summit will be attended by business and government leader representatives from:
- Regulatory and external affairs
- Directors from companies
- Investment officers
- Industry associations
- Ministries of Finance, Trade, Economic Planning, ICT
- Economic advisors
- Financial market regulators
- Multilateral organisations
- Regional economic communities
- Chambers of Commerce
- Corporate banks
- Investment banks
- Development finance institutions
- Private equity firms
- Law firms
The 2015 Africa investor (Ai) Investment and Business Leader Awards
Africa investor hosts the Ai Investment and Business Leader Awards to reward exceptional business practices, economic achievements and investments across the investment spectrum in Africa.
To attract more productive investment, Africa’s international investment profile needs to be raised by showcasing genuine examples of outstanding investment leadership and success. The Ai Investment and Business Leader Awards, the most established international awards of their kind, shed light on Africa’s many investment and leadership success stories.
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- Best Initiative in Support of SMEs and the MDGs
- Investment Climate Initiative of the Year
- Bank of the Year
- Carbon Finance Initiative of the Year
- Venture Capital/Private Equity Deal of the Year
- Employer and Human Capital Investor of the Year
- Institutional Investor of the Year
- Investment Promotion Agency of the Year
- Leadership in Sustainable Investment in Africa
- Africa’s Innovation Leader of the Year
- Africa’s Leading Woman in Business
- African Business Leader of the Year
- International Business Leader of the Year
- Up and Coming Future Leader of the Year
- Finance Minister of the Year
- Central Bank Governor of the Year
- Global Investment Personality of the Year